Sunday, July 20, 2014

June 16, 2014 - Surfer Man George

I got transfered to work at the temple and then President was inspired that I needed to stay in my sector of Tipaerui so I am staying.

Things were hard this week but one of my companions got transfered so now we are only two companions and it is great.

Apparently I have to stay in Tipaerui for a reason but I am not sure what that reason is, but I couldn't have been happier. There was a kind of mistake and so now I and my companion live in a huge house with four bedrooms all alone, and we each have our own bathroom, so I am not complaining.

This week our we had a lot of investigators that came to church and I was so happy. I was especially happy that our investigator George came.  He is the crazy surfer man that may or may not be drugged all the time. It is hard to tell, but he came and he loved it.  We found him by doing door by door and he makes me laugh. He surfs to feel closer to God and he has a bible for surfers.  I should send a picture of him to you guys.

Also this wednesday we have a baptism for Hemana and I am so excited. He is very incredible and I know he is ready to be part of the true church of God.  He even sacrificed working on Sunday. He is getting married Wednesday too so he can be worthy.  He is one of the most humble men I have met and I am grateful for his example for me. Unfortunately, his wife doesn't want to get baptized yet even though she has taken all of the missionary lessons. After Hemana is baptized we are going to continue to work with her because I love her too.

Also this week we ate with Bishop and his family.  They are so nice and I loved the raw fish.  We ate with a new convert named Saloman. He comes to my english class faithfully every Saturday. It was great and I am so grateful here for a bishop who supports us and tells us we can come over when ever we want and beg for food.

This week we will be on the search for more investigators so we can find others who are prepared. Please pray so that we will be able to find people who are prepared in our sector.  I love you
soeur Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment