Thursday, January 16, 2014

December 23, 2013

The week of Christmas is always really slow for missionary work, but it is ok because we still had lessons to teach and work to do.  This week we really have been focusing on the members because we feel like they don't get enough thanks for all that they do.  We don't have a family night planned so we are planning on making 12 batches of muddy buddies and giving them to all the leaders in our ward just to say thanks.  I hope it goes well.  

This week we fasted with our investigators to know if Joseph Smith was a prophet.  I said the prayer to open the fast with them and the spirit was so strong.  It was reconfirmed to me that I do know he restored the same gospel that Jesus Christ established on the earth. After the fast our amis felt like they still didn't receive an answer but they felt like they didn't receive a blatant no, so at least that is good. I know one day they will come to an understanding of the truthfulness.  It is just taking them a long time for them to recognize it. Besides that all of our investigators are doing pretty well. This week we taught a lesson about the prophets with a family that I have never met before and it was on Tahitian.  We never use it and so the rare opportunities we do I am just terrified. I probably understood it better at the MTC then I do here. Anyway at the end of the lesson  I was able to explain to them how they can pray and receive an answer to know if what we were saying was true. Usually I stumble over all my words and no one understands me because of my American accent in Tahitian but it all just came out smoothly and they understood.  I know the gift of tongues is real because it is already a miracle I can speak almost fluently French.  Tahitian is kind of different story but I know as I continue to study and maybe serve in different areas of Tahiti with more people who speak Tahitian it will come, but that is besides the point.  I am just so grateful that the Lord really helped me in my time of need.  I know He lives.  
   
I forgot to mention but we had a tragedy happen last week in our mission.  I don't know if you heard but Sister Taylor and Sister Moli in our mission were hit by a car on their bicycles.  It was a drunk driver and they were returning home from a meal with the members.  I was with Sister Moli at the MTC so I know and love her a lot. Luckily she wasn't hurt really bad but Sister Taylor is in a coma right now.  We all really need to pray for her.  It has been a week that she has been in a coma and they have already had to operate.  They're waiting for her to awake and stabalize so she can fly to America for further treatment.  Our whole mission is heartbroken right now,  but luckily recentely she showed some good signs.  
    
Well I have to go, but have the best Christmas ever.  This week I received my first pearl necklace from one of our members and seriously people here are just too nice.   I know it was super expensive.  So don't worry about me.  I am well taken care of and I am prepared to eat more than I can take in for Christmas.  
Well remember that the Savior really lives and no one is disqualified to feel His love.  He is always there.  
Joyeux Noelle
Soeur Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment