Sunday, January 5, 2014

December 16, 2013

Bonjour famille.  
Sounds like all is well.  Yes I received my Christmas package and I was just to happy. The Tahitians thought I was weird to be so excited over Christmas socks but whatever. I just loved it.  

This week we had so many miracles. Yesterday at the chapel we had 10 investigators come.  It was too good. Sure some of them fell asleep during the sacrament meeting but what can you do haha?  I was the most excited about a family that came we have been working with.  I can honestly say I love that family so much. They are a semi member family who take the lessons hoping to improve just little by little.  I am not sure how many times we have challenged the dad Alfonse to baptism.  He says no every time and pretty frankly, butt I know eventually he will be baptized. It just has to be his one idea and choice. Next week there family will come again to church and this time stay for sunday school also.  Awesome.  
  
This week we started to teach a beautiful girl named Kahia. She is my age and has an adorable little girl who is almost 1 years old I think.  She was visiting with a mormon family in our ward for vacation and wanted to talk to the missionaries, so of course we came and gave her a lesson.  She has simply been searching for the true church and the right path to take.  All she wants to do is really follow the Lord.  It was so remarkable.  We taught her about the importance of prayer to find truth in our lives and the message of the Restoration of the gospel of Christ and also the baptism; she really believes the church is true because she feels something different with its teachings.  It was so incredible.  She wants to be baptized one day.  At the end of the lesson she offered a prayer to know if this was the right path for her to take and it was probably the most beautiful prayer I have ever heard.  She said only two lines but it was the most sincere thing I have ever heard. It seriously made me reevaluate how sincere I am when I pray.  

Unfortunately Kahaia doesn't technically live in our sector so we had to hand her over to the other missionaries. I feel like whenever we find someone who actually wants to keep commitments and progress in the gospel they move out of our sector and we can't teach them.  Too bad but it doesn't matter as long as they are still coming unto Christ. 

This week also we had an activity for Relief society.  All the sisters were split into different groups to represent different countries.  We were in charge of the country of America and had to teach an American dance to our group to perform for the activity, so yes my companion and I taught them all "Cotton Eyed Joe," and we all dressed up like cowboys and danced.  It was kind of horrible but everyone loved it.  Tahitians love to dance and party.  I have never seen a relief society get so out of hand, holy cow. It was really fun and we had some inactive sisters come so it was a good turn out.  
  
Well today is our Tahitian Christmas party with all the missionaries so I have to go and party.  I am really excited to see all my amis from the mtc and how they are doing.  It has been three months almost that I haven't seen them.  I love you guys and I hope you guys remember Jesus Christ and His sacrifice especially this season.  He really did so much for us.  We can't even understand it fully.  It is that that makes it possible for us to even preach the gospel in the first place.  Because of His sacrifice we are able to return and able to improve and change our lives.  

No comments:

Post a Comment