Sunday, May 4, 2014

April 7, 2014 - General conference

Wow wasn't conference so great?  I warned my companion that after conference was over I would be completely depressed and I was.  Holy cow, I was just so impressed with how inspired the messages were.  I can't wait for the conference talks to come out in the Ensign so I can read them.  I really loved all the talks that invited us to be stronger and more faithful members.  I feel like it was something so needed to be adressed.  I loved what Elder Holland said about how one day or another we will all be forced to defend our faith. We cannot be passive members of the church, it is not enough in this time of age. We live in such a great time.
 
This week we saw miracles, so I don't know if I told you about Maina.  She is about 22 years old and lives with her boyfriend in these apartement complexes.  She just so happens to live next door to members in our ward and one day she was having a really hard time with her family. The member next door, Elizabeth, told Maina about a book that could help her to feel the peace even in trials. She then gave her a Book of Mormon and invited her to read it, so of course we started teaching the lessons with Maina and she is so so ready.

This week we had the opportunity to start the lessons also with her boyfriend and he is way more skeptical and isn't as believing but I know his heart will be softened.  We talked about the Plan of Salvation and scheduled another appointment, but that is not all.  Maina told us she feels really at peace with the Book of Mormon and she has already read up to 2 Nephi 25 in just a few weeks.  She has prayed and felt for herself the testimony of the power of the Book of Mormon and wants to be baptized. Please pray for her boyfriend so his heart can be softened so he can wan't the same things.  I know things will continue only to get better. The Lord truly prepares people.  

We found another semi-member couple to teach in our ward thanks to a reference. I have never seen two people who want to change so badly.  Moroni is an inactive member that left the church at 16.  He got into drug dealing and trafficing. Can I just tell you guys how I am going to promise now to never ever let drugs destroy me or my family like it has destroyed his life.  I know him and his girlfriend can change but they are going to have to be healed by the Savior.  It is only through the Atonement of Jesus Christ that they are going to be able to progress and leave the other things behind.  I am so grateful for the hope that the Atonement brings in our lives and the lives of others.
 
Somehow I got roped into being in a film for the church.  Not really sure how.  We have to act out scenes from the missionaries in Tahiti in the  early 1900s.  Don't know how that is going to go but we have to wear costumes and everything.

And just know that I have to go but I know this Church is true.  No one and no force can stop the stone from rolling to fill the earth.  I love you with everything.
Soeur Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment