Monday, April 28, 2014

Tahiti February 24, 2014

This week was great.  First of all we had the baptism of Tepiu and Tachyna the two girls with inactive parents.  They were completely adorable.  It was I and my companion who had to plan the baptism and do the talks and everything.  I really was so so worried that everything wasn't going to turn out.  It was kind of a last minute scramble and then I was so worried that nobody would come and there wouldn't be any support and the chapel would be empty. The good news is I was wrong. We had a great day. I guess you would expect that a baptism of a new convert would be an incredibly spiritual and amazing experience, and it totally was but just not in the way that you would expect it.  As soon as the program started I just felt so peaceful.  Many of the members came and they brought a ton of food too. I was so so relieved. I almost started crying, and I even sang a musical number with my favorite primary member in our ward. I don't know how many times I had prayed for everything to turn out alright and I would just like to tell all of you that the Lord answers prayers.  The spirit filled the chapel and it was so evident that the Lord was so happy His two young daughters Tepiu and Tachyna entered the gate of baptism. 
 
Elder Nelson came and talked to us! And just the missionaries. It was incredible. I honestly thought we were going to be transfigured or something.  He talked about the Holy Spirit and how we have to pay attention to all of our feelings and thoughts because the Spirit always will guide our thoughts when we are worthy so that we can be enlightened and gain more knowledge.  Holy cow! He was so powerful.  And he really talked about how we live in the most blessed time.  How we were held for just the very end.  We are in the time that all of the prophets prophesied and so we have good reason to jump out of bed every single morning from excitement.   We dont have any reason to not be happy.  

In my sector this week we really have been working still with the family Tehoiri, who I talked about before. The mom is so ready to be baptized.  She is one of those people who were already prepared by angels. I have never seen such a miracle. It is just a question for her husband to stop smoking. I loved a quote I heard this week that no one can say that it is impossible to give up an addiction unless they have gotten on their knees and asked for the help of Heavenly Father and I know that is exactly what he needs to do.  I see their family in my head at the temple and I know that everything will work out.  Before I wouldn't have believed it but I know that with the faith needed and desire the Lord will really bless that family.  He already has. 
Well that was my week and I will see you guys next week again.  NAna
Soeur Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment