Monday, April 28, 2014

March 18, 2014 - 1st Transfer, Tipaurui

Hey, so yes it is true.  I got transferred. I was so sad, but happy at the same time. It is my first transfer. For six months I served in one valley of Tahiti.  Everything I know about Tahiti is what I saw in my little neighborhood which is not that much.  I said my goodbyes and I cried and everything and people gave me baskets and seashell necklaces and now I am serving with my new Tahitian companion Soeur Sommers in Tipaurui.

Oh boy is it different.  I couldn't be more excited.  Soeur Sommers has only been here four weeks so I will be training her for the next eight weeks.  It will be my second time training and oh how can I tell you that training is a very humbling experience, especially when you are asked to train people that speak the language better than you and understand the Tahitian people better than you.  I have already learned a lot.

Anyway, let me tell you about my new sector.  It is really awesome because it is in the city which means there are so many more people to talk to. I absolutely love it. There are tons of apartement buildings which means more people to preach the gospel to.  I got to the point in my old sector where I had talked with almost every single house and knew almost every single person by name so you can see how everything now is just so thrilling.

There is so much potential here and I think we are going to see a lot of miracles.  The ward is super focused on missionary work and even now they have a plan to give away 170 books of Mormon.  This morning for my first lesson in the sector we scheduled a baptism for next week for the wife of a member in our ward who had already had the lessons.  I have already seen so many miracles and I am so excited to see the people in Tipaurui grow their faith in Christ by living his teachings.  

I was super sad to leave my cute French companion but I know she will continue to do great things in Tuauru.  I have really grown to love her.

So, I guess that is my life right now and I love it.  This transfer I really want to be able to get better at understanding Tahitian, because I can speak it alright but understanding is a whole other ball game, especially when they are papis who speak really fast,  really really slurred and really softly.  I know the Lord will help me with my endeavor so that I might be able to continue to help others.

This transfer I really want to be able to enjoy every moment and just love the people.  We had a conference where an area president talked to us and said that we need to be masters in teaching the doctrine of the Father and His nature, because it is only when others feel of His love for them, and understand truly their divine nature as children of God with a purpose in life, that they can change. I pray that I can be able to transmit that love that He has for His children.  Truly our work here is just to remind people of who they really are so that they can embrace the fulness of blessings that this gospel has to offer.

 I know Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and that Jesus Christ is at the head of this church. How blessed we are for what we have been given.
Soeur Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment