Sunday, September 29, 2013

MTC 9-16-2013

Hey this week went great, and there are so many things to say!

First off, basically all of our zone left to their missions this morning.  They are all going to either Paris or Leon France, and we are so excited for them.  We were here when they came him, and still here when they are now leaving.  But really, being in the MTC for so long is actually a blessing.  We get so many good devotionals.  Speaking of devotionals, I have a story for everyone about last night's devotional.  So every Sunday night devotional, there is an opening musical number, and last night some girl sang an intense solo.  It was really good, except I ruined it...kind of.  Everything makes me laugh here.  I can't really explain it, but where the camera angle was on the soloist, I could see myself on the camera because I was sitting behind her, and it was just so funny.  So I was laughing the whole time and everyone could see on the TV which made me laugh more. Then I did this awkward thing...I apparently looked straight into the camera.  After wards our Elders wouldn't stop laughing at me. They kept saying they almost felt the spirit from the song, but then they would look at me and just bust up laughing.

This week we also changed classrooms, which has been hard.  We each have approximately 30 books that we use every single day, and there is no storage space in our new classrooms.  We don't even really have desks, just rolly chairs.  so everyone's stuff is EVERYWHERE.  It is a nightmare to do any studying in there because there are people's things everywhere.  I go crazy looking at it sometimes, but class time is still great.  It is all because of our teachers.  They are seriously so good, and they know exactly what we need to hear.
 
Just so everyone knows, the gift of tongues is a real thing.  This week I totally understood Tahitian for an instant while we were teaching a lesson to a return missionary from Tahiti.  He shared an experience of when he prayed to know the church was true, and I understood him.  He bore his testimony of the feelings of peace he received as an answer, and the spirit was so strong.  It was so weird, because it is not like I knew every word that he was saying, but I could still understand him.  Tahitian is so hard to understand and usually I can only pick up 1 or 2 words, but this experience gave me hope.

We found out that maybe in Tahiti sometimes I won't get the opportunity to email home on P-day.  One teacher said that he didn't email home for 4 months.  So just be warned.

Well, I am running out of time, so I will say good bye!  I still love you all.  Continue to obey and do the good things!
NANA
-Tuahine Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment