Sunday, November 9, 2014

October 27 2014 - Gone Fishing

Today we got up and went fishing with a couple in our ward and some amis.  It was a really neat experience and we found a random beach after to cook the fish by burning it on leaves and then rinsing it in the water.  It was really good and to drink we found coconuts and cut them open.  You guys will have to try it.  I don't think I will ever be able to eat fish at home again because the fish is sooo much better here; I was just sitting there thinking of how grateful I am to have been so blessed to serve here, not for the fish, but for the people and the love that our Savior has for them.  I am so grateful to be part of the gathering of Israel.

We lost a lot of lessons this week but it was still a very incredible week.  I think that every week is just incredible because every week my testimony grows and my vision of the gospel gets bigger.  I would just like to share an experience.  Members here are so faithful; I know they are so blesesd of the Lord.

This week something happened where a leader in our branch got offended;  Actually, it kind of happens a lot, but it was to the point where he said he was never coming back to church, and in a branch of 40 people we can't afford to lose any one.  Every person brings so much into the branch.
Saturday the DMB had proposed to do a fast as a branch together for the missionary work.  We fixed it for 12 o clock and hoped that all the members would come. Almost everyone came to support and we wrote a list of names of amis to fast for that really had potential to be baptized. Then, after thinking, our members decided to add the name of the brother that had been offended.  I am sure it would have been easy to have thought that it was his fault that he was offended and that we should just leave him, but everyone agreed to add his name;  The moment we all got on our knees and startted to pray to start the fast the spirit was soo strong. I have never felt the spirit so strong for a fast. Unity has been something we have been searching for and as the Love of God entered in the little room we felt so much for unified.

Because of the fast the sister who had offended him felt that she needed to see him to repare anyting she had done wrong.  I am not even sure who was really at fault but all I know is that it didn't matter. Through the fast the spirit was able to communicate with her to apologize and his heart was softened. Sunday he came back to church and we ended our fast.  It was such an incredible experience for everyone and I was so grateful to be a part of it.

Even if we cant see the immediate effects of our prayers or fasts I know the Lord counts every effort. Not one effort goes uncounted.  All of those little efforts help us become more like our precious Savior.
Love Soeur Kimball

No comments:

Post a Comment